• 125 grams digestive biscuits
• 75 grams butter (soft)
• 300 grams cream cheese
• 60 grams sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 250 ml double cream
• strawberry jam (2 pots)
• strawberries (fresh, a few to decorate or strawberry sauce to drizzle - optional)
1. Crush the digestive biscuits in a bowl (just use your fingers).
2. Melt the butter and then pour into the bowl of crushed biscuits and stir well. Find a container or flat bowl and press the biscuit mixture on the bottom evenly. Use a metal tablespoon/ teaspoon to spoon out jam and spread it evenly over the layer of biscuit, (make sure the spoon is wet to stop the jam from sticking)
3. In a separate large bowl beat together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. In another bowl or a processor, whip the double cream, and then pour and fold it into the cream cheese mixture.
4. Carefully spoon the cheesecake mixture onto the biscuit and strawberry base, then using another wet metal tablespoon/teaspoon smooth the surface perhaps leaving a whippy effect or decorating with a fork.
5. (Optionally) drizzle the top with strawberry sauce or decorate with strawberries.
6. Leave in the fridge overnight or for 3- 5 hours.